Sabado, Marso 2, 2019

Mommy Diaries: Learn to Protect Kids from Online Monsters



It has been quite a while since I posted as a mom and it's prolly high time for me to make a new post. As much as we want to avoid giving out gadgets to kids because of the dangers it may put them through, there are still ways on how to protect them. I used to be in disapproval when parents let their kids at very young age use gadgets and now I've become one of those parents. My lil girl is only 2 years old and I admit that she already know her way through browsing her own apps.

It somehow bothered me that their are rampant platforms that are going on right now that pops up on children's usual cartoon videos that they watch. I took an action and made my own way to address this issue the motherly way.

So, I am giving you guys a few tips on how to protect our kids from these online monsters.

First, I made sure to make a Youtube account that are logged in to several gadgets. Like, my daughters iPad, and my own phone. That way, I could easily monitor the history on which videos my daughter watches. Also, you can restrict your account to block mature themed videos to avoid your kids to get to see such videos.

Second, I got her the Youtube Kids app that will surely get kids safe and totally appropriate videos to watch.

Third, when these apps they use are online, they are prone to pop-ups or ads that we can't monitor. So what I do, I download the videos I want them to watch. Both Youtube and Youtube Kids has these feature that you can watch videos offline. Just make use of your account, look for videos you want them to watch, then press the download button. And you are good to go. 

Fourth, it is not just the online monsters I protect my kids from, but also the danger of letting my kid watch for a number of hours. So, I make sure to give her proper screening time. That way, she won't be deprived and at the same time we make time for our kids that we also go offline to give time with each other. I give her a maximum of an hour but make sure that she gets break at least 20 minutes in between.

Fifth, if you guys have a smart TV you could always stream there whatever they're watching. You just need to press the stream button and make sure the TV and phone is connected to the same wifi connection.

Lastly, when my daughter is on her screen time I make sure to supervise and watch with her as much as I can. That way, I could get along with her and at the same time I have knowledge on where she learn things.

Educational or just pure fun videos to watch for kids help make them shape up their own personalities and it's scary sometimes that they learn these things by just watching videos but in this millenial age, they are all prolly going to end up making use of it in the future. Making them learn at an early age is both a risk-factor and beneficial for them. Let's just guide them as parents to shoo away these unwanted online monsters.

I still believe that it's best for our kids to enjoy their childhood both online and offline.

I hope you guys enjoyed my post. Just another post from my very own Mommy Diary.
Please leave some comment below on your own ways to treat this kind of Mommy issue. I'd love to hear from you guys.

That is all for this post.


Toodles!
Love, AnDi

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento