Miyerkules, Agosto 28, 2013

Writer's Note



I was supposed to blog about this the last night but got side-tracked that I remembered that I had to finish The Carrie Diaries this week, which I was able to tonight. :D

I started this new hobby of reading a book or a series of books at least every month for this year. So far, I have unfortunately just *almost* read two series: E.L. James' Fifty Shades Trilogy and Kiera Cass' The Selection Series. I've inserted the word *almost* since the latter is yet to publish the last book next year.

To make up for months of not doing my reading assignments, I decided to start again with Candace Bushnell's The Carrie Diaries (that I just finished) and now (as in, this very minute) Summer and the City. I think I'll be able to finish the latter before the month ends since I'm already planning on reading Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson & the Olympians. I started reading the first book and dozed off even if I tried so hard to picture Logan Lerman in my head. I'll try my luck next month which is coming in a few days. You must have asked yourself (or not) if why bizarrely insert my new hobby of reading when I have to blog about what I wore to my good friend's wedding? I'll get to you in that one, in a jiffy.

I have always been a big fan of female authors. Have you guys noticed? I unintentionally only read series of well, female authors. J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Stephenie Meyer, Alexandra Moss, Sophie Kinsella, E.L. James, Kiera Cass and the list goes on. I would have used the word writer but after reading Kiera Cass' interview for Meg, author is more legit. While reading The Carrie Diaries I realized how I still dream of becoming a writer. To write in fashion magazines to be exact. I even remembered countless times when I would apply year after year for Candy's Council of Cool but gave up in the end to the fact that I haven't got enough writing experience to equip me. The only experience I had was being one of the contributors for our school paper back in elementary. Even joined the annual press conference but lost because I was trained for Copy Reading and Headline Writing but competed in News Writing (Filipino) for they have to make room for someone else in dispose of well, me. Yeah, I have that kind of dreadful thing going on all throughout my years in school. Glad it's over! (Now you know why I hated school) People around me who protected me from all these called it as "not destined for me". But I've got tons of words to call it. A few: rejections, failures, disappointments, heartbreaks but most of the time blessings in disguise. As I grew up through the above-mentioned, Lord has signed me up for somewhat close to being one (writer). My letters to magazines were published. I have five published letters for Candy Mag and one for Chalk. And blogging is the closest thing I could get, for now.  But I refuse to claim "blogger" as a title until I have comments to reply to or even followers (So please do leave a comment or two below, I'd love to hear from anybody. Hahahahah). Enough about the drama. Let's move on to my answer to my own question (wayyyy) above.



This ensemble I worn to Fianne's wedding actually reminds me of a writer. Something put together but still fun to look at. If I just added a crisp white blazer and put my hair in a bun secured with a pencil, it would totes look writer-ish. Okay maybe not, the first thing that comes to my mind is a librarian, then a writer. Lol. Also a book lover.

I planned months ago that I'll be using this maxi dress for the wedding but opted to wear a simpler peplum top and skirt combo since the dress was a bit too beach wedding peg. I actually got the skirt just a week before the event when my Mom went shopping. I went across this skirt and fell in-love with it instantly, just like that. I have always been wanting to get myself any bottom in a houndstooth print. And when this skirt came along, I  got so happy that it was more than what I've asked for (Imagine, a houndstooth print in gold). I paired it with a gorge peplum lace top from SM GTW's Betty for added classic touch to break the metallic pieces that I used to accessorize for it not to dominate the whole look.

I was that happy with this ensemble. And to the fact that on that very same day, Fianne would be fulfilling every girl's dream which is to spend the rest of her life loving someone and him loving her back with the blessing from up above, from Him. I must say that I have always been a hopeless romantic and being part of this special day for my friend is undeniably heartwarming.




This was actually my fave part. When the door of the church finally opened and Fianne starts to walk down the aisle to the song A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Sporting a very elegant wedding gown made by my cousin, Cocoy Ebio (shameless plug). I was in awe-struck all throughout that moment. Also, had a minor part in the ceremony by being a reader again. Pun not intended. Reader, as in, lector in church. I have been one during the summer before I entered high school.

Anyway, this moment wouldn't be quite as more special by sharing it with my diamond fam (well, at least 8.33333% of the population) namely Tazz, Mark and Lovely (of course, my forever lakwatcha buddy). Also met pretty Sarrah, Mark's girlfriend. All photos starting with this one above are owned by her. *wink*

As this post gets longer than ever. Let me just leave you guys with pictures we had from Sto. Domingo Church to the Shangri-La Restaurant (West Avenue).
















And of course, I'll finish this post with a group picture with the newly wed couple. Soo happy for both of them <3

That is all for this post. I hope you guys like it. I really want to hear from you guys and don't forget to hype my look here ;)




Toodles!


Much Love,
AnDi



Glitter kisses! xxx

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento